Friday, September 5, 2008

I'v never been the one!

Heya all,
I know i'v written a lot of crap all this while. So i thought why not try something new. As i sat down to write down this blog with a fresh idea, i thought of writing down a song (yeah, i'v written a number of songs). As soon as the thought struck, my brain started playing with words, deep inside it mess of nerves and whatever it has that makes it think :O

Anywys, coming back to this new idea, i somehow feel as if i can't completely trust my brain for giving me original thoughts. When i write something down on a piece of paper, it keeps hitting me as if i have read something like that earlier. I guess my brain makes a copy of something interesting i read and hide it at the back of its messy jungle of nerves and cells, somewhere deep down in the unconciousness. Always there but never visible. And when i start writing something it rushes down to that area and pull up some part of that hidden text to my concious level making it look original and somehow creating this doubt of putting me into copywrite trouble.
As complex as the world can get.

So now, finally coming back to the song. This song goes out to someone special, someone extremely close to my heart. I am confused whether she would like it or not. So before i play this out on guitar for her, i need your suggestions friend. Here it goes :

I'v never been the one to make you cry,
I'v never found a reason for this strife,
Was it me who's let you down?
Was it love that brought you to ground?

Hey beautiful, why'd you walk out on me?
Leaving me screaming with this pain.
I was meant to be the one for you,
Still you left me with so much disdain.

Whatever happened, I know it hurt you too.
Everything came just out of the blue.
Now that its over for good,
lets start afresh and make our dreams come true.

I would be the one to make you smile.
To wash your tears and live a new life.
I would be the one to make you cry.
Lets hold hands, so together we could fly.

That's about it, i guess. I actually sat down to write down a song. I don't think it would actually qualify as a song. But, whatever, its written with true feelings. Suggest whatever you can :)

bye for now.

15 comments:

  1. hey bddy...
    nice song bddy... go ahead n giv it a tune n den prsnt it 2 d 1 for whom u penned it down...
    n i hope alls well btw u guys n dat u stay 2gdr 4ever...

    God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice words.... you can be a gud lyricist man.. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rohit

    thanx man....

    yeah this is wht i intend to do somtime in my life...mayb a year frm now. but right now i just want a job :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @gunj

    but i feel i'm lucky..that she's with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can some how imagine u as the character in the song 'romeo n juliet' by dire straits...and that is not necessarily a good thing...

    the song you've written is ok but it has a very simple rhyme...try not doing that...u may not have rhyming poems..but if you do...try not making it those simple rhymes...

    rock songs are mostly an expression on some issue (including romantic ones...) spoken in an abstract theme

    it can be possible that you neither feel about something very stongly (most of those who did were on drugs...and died young and painfull deaths)...or that you really don't have abstract imagination...which is also okay not everybody can paint like hussain...

    keep doodling...keep entertaining...

    for your special one... not sure u need a whole new song...just sing her something nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ mystique wanderer

    the song ws nvr meant to be of a rock genre...nd as for sm1 special...i like to keep it original :)

    btw....appreciate your comments...nd yeah i'v writtn a few senseless rock genre songs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-)

    brilliant attempt!

    just 1 suggestion, take it or leave it...
    the title doesn't describe the song, maybe u cud make it, "I would be the one"
    ?

    well neway, just a thought :-D

    all in all, gr8 read. :-)

    and thanks for dropping by my page.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the worst thing you can ever do is sit down WANTING to write something, nothing ever comes to mind! (well, at least for me lol).

    ReplyDelete
  9. forgot.. lol

    ps. thanks for stopping by my blog! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. @trinaa
    tune's smwhr lost in my mind..trying to get it out on guitar :)

    btw..thanx fr droppin by!

    @express
    yeah i had that in my mind too..bt somehw the future insecurity stoppd me :O

    nywyz...welcome to the crap world :)

    @noelia
    thnx fr writin smthing :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow!!!!!!!!!...wat a nic1...

    i thnk she gonna luv it...usne dekha kya;)

    ReplyDelete